When you are served Italian pasta with creamy tomato sauce, you can easily find some empty space in your tummy even after finishing a heavy meal. It’s the least busiest day of the week and you have plenty of time to try something new, something Italian to feast on. When there are some easy classic Italian tomato sauce recipes, you can make your free time productive and satisfactory instead of wasting on the highlights of the game you have already watched last night.
Semi dried tomatoes, San Marzano canned tomatoes or any other ingredient you need is easily available in your neighbourhood market. There are plenty of easy sauce recipes to try. If you are not good at cooking, let’s develop some serious cooking skills. You can try one of the following five easy Italian sauce recipes:
Grated Tomato Sauce Recipe
- Tomatoes – 3 Pounds
- Kosher Salt
- Olive Oil – ½ Cup
- Garlic Cloves, Crushed – 4
- Small Sprigs Rosemary – 4
- Unsalted Butter – 2 Tablespoons
- Remove a thin slice from the bottom of tomatoes and start grating tomatoes at the cut end. Grate on the largest hole of the grater keeping it over a bowl. Stop when you are left with flattened tomato skin and stem.
- Now season the grated tomatoes with some generous pinches of salt.
- Put a large skillet over medium heat to heat oil. Cook and toss garlic for around 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Cook and toss for about 1 minute after adding rosemary. It should be brown around the edges.
- Add tomatoes after reducing heat to medium-low and bring to simmer. Slightly thicken the mixture by cooking, stirring often for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add butter after removing from heat and stir until butter melts.
- If needed, taste and season with more Kosher salt.
Quick Pomodoro Sauce
- Whole peeled tomatoes – 1 28-ounce can
- Olive Oil – 1 cup
- Garlic cloves, chopped – 2
- Sugar – ¼ teaspoon
- Kosher Salt
Form a coarse puree by pulsing tomatoes with juices in a blender. Put a medium saucepan over medium heat to heat oil. Add and cook garlic for around 2 minutes. Stir often to brown it evenly. Season with salt after adding sugar and tomato puree. Bring to a boil and simmer gently after reducing heat. Your sauce will be slightly thickened after 10-15 minutes.
Spicy Marinara Sauce
- Whole tomatoes – 1 28-ounce can
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Unsalted butter – 2 tablespoon
- Finely chopped small onion – 1
- Thinly sliced garlic cloves – 3
- Tomato paste – 1 tablespoon
- Sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Red pepper flakes – ½ tablespoons
- Kosher salt
- Form a smooth puree by pulsing tomatoes in a food processor.
- Put a medium saucepan over medium-high and heat butter and oil.
- Add, cook and stir onion for around 5-7 minutes until golden.
- Add, cook and stir garlic for 1-2 minutes until softened. Garlic should not be brown.
- Add sugar, tomato paste and red pepper flakes.
- Cook and stir for about 2 minutes until sugar dissolves.
- Season with salt after adding tomato puree.
- Reduce heat, simmer and stir for 15-20 minutes until sauce is thickened.
Spaghetti with Strawberry-Tomato Sauce
- Olive oil – ¼ cup (more for drizzling)
- Whole peeled tomatoes, drained – 1 28-oz can
- Crushed red pepper flakes – 1 tablespoon
- Kosher salt
- Fresh, thawed or frozen strawberries – 1 pound
- Sugar – 2 tablespoon
- Spaghetti – 12 oz.
- Thinly sliced small red onion – ¼
- Fresh ricotta – 1 cup
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Put a large skillet over medium-high heat and heat ¼ cup.
- Season with salt and cook after adding red pepper flakes and tomatoes for 3 minutes until tomato juices reduced slightly.
- Cook and stir after adding sugar and strawberries for about 5 minutes until sauce is slightly thickened and strawberries are soft.
- Cool it down and then pulse in a food processor.
- Boil salted water in a large pot and cook spaghetti and stir until al dente.
- Now drain pasta and keep 1 cup pasta cooking liquid aside.
- Add pasta and ½ cup pasta cooking liquid to tomato sauce.
- Cook, toss and add more pasta cooking liquid if required. The sauce will coat pasta in about 2 minutes.
- Drizzle with more oil after removing from heat and then toss.
Now your pasta topped with ricotta, onion and black pepper is ready to serve.