Not only does it make a fast and tasty dinner, but also a great go-to lunch you can pack up and take to work. It’s creamy, easy, and best of all – vegan and gluten free! It will take you barely 15 minutes to throw this pasta dish together.
2 garlic cloves
300g gluten free pasta
200g cherry tomatoes
2 avocados, halved, peeled, and deseeded
juice from half a lemon
1/3 cup olive oil
pinch of salt
black pepper, to taste
handful basil leaves
1 teaspoon chilli flakes
Avocado – they’re high in fat, but it’s the good unsaturated kind! They reduce inflammation, promote weight loss (if eaten in moderation), and aid fat burning.
Basil – It’s full of antioxidants, antibacterial properties, and plenty of vitamins and minerals including Iron, Magnesium, and Calcium, plus Vitamins A, C, D, B-12, and B-6.
Garlic – It helps to fight against sickness and disease, reduces inflammation and bloating, and has high levels of Vitamin C, Selenium, Maganese, and Vitamin B-6.
Lemon juice – It’s a rich source of Potassium, Calcium, and Vitamin C – making it a fantastic immune booster and also benefits the skin for a healthy, glowing complexion.
- In a large saucepan/pot, boil water and cook the pasta until tender. Drain well.
- In a blender, add the garlic, basil, avocado, olive oil, and lemon juice and then blitz until you’re left with a creamy sauce (or leave chunky if you’d prefer).
- Season the sauce with the chilli flakes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cherry tomatoes to the pasta, and toss with the sauce.
- Serve with extra cherry tomatoes (optional) and top with chopped basil leaves.